For the past couple of weeks I’ve focused most of my cooking in breakfasts and lunches. We still eat dinner, but I’ve been slow in adjusting to night coming at 5 pm. I really don’t feel like cooking when it’s already dark outside. It didn’t seem to be a problem in previous years. Maybe I’m just getting old or maybe I just need to hibernate like a bear, hehe.
Last week I posted the recipe for whole-wheat pumpkin tortillas that I used for a breakfast. I used the same recipe to make these wraps. I just substituted pumpkin with spinach and cooked 2 chicken breasts in a chipotle ranch marinate. It was another easy and delicious lunch perfect for this hectic time of the year.
- •2 chicken breasts without skin and bone
- •1 cup ranch dressing
- •1 chipotle adobado pepper
- •1/3 cup milk
- •salt and pepper
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken breasts and place in a baking dish.
- Blend together ranch dressing, adobado pepper and milk.
- Pour marinate over chicken breasts, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Sear chicken breasts in a very hot pan with a little bit of olive oil and return to baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cut breasts in strips and put them and wrap them with lettuce, tomato and avocado.