One of the things that I like the most about food blogging is the products that companies send me to review. Until now I haven’t been disappointed by any of them and Buitoni pasta hasn’t been the exception. A couple of weeks ago I gave some feedback about their Buitoni Go Italian Event (if you are in or around NYC you need to check it out) and in return I received the necessary ingredients to prepare their Cheese Ravioli with Pumpkin Sage Sauce recipe. I love pumpkin, as you might have already noticed, so I had to make this recipe:
- •1/2 cup dry white wine
- •1/4 cup chopped shallots
- •1 container (10 ounces) Buitoni refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- •1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- •1 TBSP chopped freshed sage or 1 tsp ground sage
- •2 packages (9 ounces each) Buitoni refrigerated four cheese ravioli
- •2 TBSP chopped green onion
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking water.
- Cook wine and shallots in medium sauce pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1 TBSP.
- Stir in sauce, pumpkin and sage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Stir reserved pasta water into sauce. Toss with pasta.
- Sprinkle with green onion. Season with ground black pepper.
Verdict: I had never had Buitoni products before and I am alredy a convert. I love pasta, ravioli and pumpkin, so this combination was perfect for me. For more recipes and tips, visit their website and be ready to enjoy a delicious dinner (or lunch).
I am sending this recipe to the following food events. Please click on the badges to know more about them: