Bean Salsa in Mini Tortilla Cups
Recipe type: Appetiser
- •12 corn tortillas
- •2 cups drained pinto beans
- •1 small onion (red onion works best), chopped
- •1 jalapeno pepper, deveined and minced
- •2 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro
- •1 lime
- •salt and pepper
- •extra virgin olive oil
- •diced tomatoes (optional)
- •1 avocado, cubed
- •Cut tortillas edges to make them smaller so they fit in cupcake pans like in the picture. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°F or until they are hard and crispy.
- •MIx beans, onion, pepper, cilantro, lime juice and tomatoes (optional) in a large bowl and season to taste. Sprinkle olive oil on top.
- •Spoon the bean salsa into the tortilla cups and garnish with cubed avocado.
Recipe by Ben's blog at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2008/10/06/bean-salsa-in-mini-tortilla-cups/