Huevos a la Mexicana
Recipe type: Breakfast
- •1 TBSP olive oil
- •1/2 onion, chopped
- •2 garlic cloves, minced
- •1 TBSP cilantro, minced
- •1 jalapeno, chopped
- •4 roma tomatoes, diced
- •4 large eggs
- •1/4 cup heavy cream
- •1 tsp oregano
- •salt and pepper to taste
- In a large heavy skillet sautee onion and garlic cloves in olive oil.
- Add cilantro and jalapeno and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes and reduce heat to medium-low.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs, heavy cream, oregano, salt and pepper and add to the skillet.
- Stir constantly until eggs are cook. Turn heat off and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with beans and fresh corn tortillas and enjoy.
Recipe by What's Cooking Mexico at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2008/09/15/huevos-a-la-mexicana/