Tamarind Ice Cream
Recipe type: Dessert
- •1 cup tamarind pods
- •1 cup water
- •1 cup brown sugar
- •2 cups heavy cream
- •1 cup whole milk
- •1 TBSP lemon juice
- Clean the pods by peeling off the shells.
- In a small saucepan boil tamarind, water and sugar for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk the mixture vigorously to separate the tamarind pulp from the seeds.
- Strain the mixture using a fine strainer to retain the seeds and stems of the tamarind.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- In a large bowl combine tamarind mixture, cream, milk and lemon juice. Pour on your ice cream maker and follow the factory instructions.
- When the mixture is thick, pour in a plastic container, seal and freeze for 2-4 hours.
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2008/08/15/keeping-cool/