Zucchini and Turkey Bruschettas
Recipe type: Lunch
- •2-3 pieces of bread cut lengthwise (I used my whole-wheat loaves)
- •2 TBSP olive oil
- •1 onion chopped
- •3 garlic cloves minced
- •1 lb ground turkey
- •2 large zucchinis diced
- •1 cup tomatoes diced
- •1/2 tsp oregano
- •1 tsp basil
- •salt and pepper to taste
- •parmessan cheese, chives, sesame seeds (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large saucepan sautee onion and garlic. Add ground turkey and cook until brown. Season to taste.
- Add zucchinis, tomato, oregano basil and cook until zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet, put some of the zucchini on top with cheese, chives and sesame seeds. Sprinkle some olive oil on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2008/08/06/zucchini-bruschettas/