Recipe type: Bread
Serves: 4-6 Portions
- •1/2 recipe whole-wheat bolillo dough (to make this whole-wheat, just replace 1/2 all-purpose flour for whole-wheat flour)
- •1 TBSP olive oil
- •1 white onion, sliced
- •2 garlic cloves, minced
- •1 chicken breast, shredded
- •1 Poblano pepper, roasted, skinned, cleaned and sliced
- •2 medium summer zucchinis, diced
- •kernels of 2 corn ears (this video is good guide to do it)
- •1 14oz (450gr) can of diced tomatoes
- •salt and pepper to taste.
- •1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF (220ºC)
- Roll out your pizza dough and put it on a pizza tray.
- Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Add shredded chicken and Poblano pepper and let it cook until chicken starts to brown.
- Stir in zucchini, corn and tomato and season to taste.
- When the vegetables are cooked, around 8-10 minutes, pour over pizza dough and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges of the pizza pie start to turn golden brown.
- Cut, serve hot and enjoy.
Recipe by What's Cooking Mexico at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2008/07/21/mexican-pizza/