Pasta with Seared Shrimp, Grapes, Citrus and Rum
Recipe type: Lunch
- •12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- •1/4 teaspoon salt
- •1/4 teaspoon pepper
- •2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- •1 cup red grapes, sliced
- •1 tablespoon slivered lime zest
- •1 jalapeno pepper sliced into slivers
- •1 teaspoon slivered ginger
- •3 tablespoons dark rum
- •2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- •1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Pat the shrimp dry and season with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet or saute pan over meduim-high heat.
- Sear the shrimp in the hot oil until they are bright pink and curling, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the grapes, lemon zest, lime zest, jalapeno and ginger.
- Pour on the rum, being careful to keep your hands and face away from any flame. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in the brown sugar, lemon juice and lime juice and simmer until the sauce is slightly syrupy and the shrimp are just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Recipe by Ben's blog at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2008/07/02/pasta-and-a-grape-sauce/