Stuffed Chicken and Mango Poblano Sauce
Author: Ben Herrera
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 chicken breast, skinned, boned and cut in half
- 250 grms squash blossoms, chopped, washed and drained
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 100 grms panela cheese, cut in thick slices
- olive oil
- 1 Kent, Tommy Atkins or Haden mango, skinned and seeded
- 1 poblano peper, roasted, skinned and seeded
- 1/4 white onion
- 1 garlic clove
- pinch of rosemary
- pinch of cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 175° C
- Drizzle olive oil over chicken breast and season to taste. Set apart
- In a medium skillet heat olive oil and saute chopped onion. Add squash blossoms and immediately turn heat off. Season to taste and stir.
- Stuff chicken breasts with the squash blossoms and panela cheese.
- Heat more olive oil in a heavy skillet that can be used in the oven. I always use a cast-iron skillet.
- Sear the chicken breasts and cover with foil. Note: You can use a couple of tooth picks to keep the breast from opening and the stuffing from spilling out.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, using a blender or food processor make the sauce with the mango, poblano pepper, onion and garlic.
- Pour in a sauce pan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add rosemary and cilantro and season to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes. Let it cool a little before serving.
- When the chicken is cooked, take it out of the oven and cut it in medallions.
- Serve some sauce on a plate and place the medallions on top. Cover with more sauce.
- Serve with Mexican rice and enjoy.
Recipe by What's Cooking Mexico at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2012/06/27/stuffed-chicken-with-mango-poblano-sauce/