Chilaquiles with Scarlet Runner Beans
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 chile chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 cups diced tomato
- ½ onion
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked and drained red scarlet beans
- salt to taste
- 6-8 tortillas, cut in quarters and fried or baked at 350°F until crisp. I used white and blue corn tortillas.
- Blend peppers, tomato, onion and garlic at high speed.
- Pour the sauce in a medium sauce pan over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add cumin and chicken broth. Bring to a boil again, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Add beans to the sauce.
- Serve tortilla chips on a plate and pour some of the sauce on top. Let the tortillas absorb some of the sauce before serving.
- Serve with fried eggs, avocado and sour cream on top and enjoy!
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2012/05/09/red-chilaquiles-scarlet-runner-beans/