Baked Figs in Rompope Sauce
Recipe type: Dessert
- 250 gr figs, cut in half
- 3 TBSP butter, diced
- ¼ brown sugar
- ½ cup rompope
- ¼ cup honey
- Grease a baking pan or sheet with a little bit of butter and arrange the figs in a single layer.
- Add the diced butter and brown sugar on top.
- Baked at 175°C (around 350°F) for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small saucepan heat rompope and honey over low heat. Stir constantly until it blends and starts to boil.
- Serve figs on small plates and drizzle with rompope sauce.
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2012/04/05/baked-figs-in-rompope-sauce/