Squash Blossom and Corn Soup
Recipe type: Soup
- The ingredients:
- •3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- •1/2 onion, chopped
- •1 garlic clove, minced
- •2 TBSP olive oil
- •100 gr squash blossoms, rinsed and without the stems
- •1 Oaxacan pasilla dried pepeer, cleaned (you can replace this with one chipotle pepper)
- •1 cup fresh corn kernels
- •salt and pepper to taste
- •1/2 tsp basil
- •1/2 tsp rosemary
- •1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- The how-to:
- In a large sauce pan sautee onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Blend squash blossoms and pepper with 1 cup of the chicken broth.
- Pour in sauce pan and add the rest of the broth.
- Add corn kernels and cover.
- When it starts to boil add basil, rosemary and season to taste. Reduce heat to low.
- Optional: Add sour cream and stir until it blends with the soup.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes and serve hot.
Recipe by What's Cooking Mexico at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2012/03/02/squash-blossom-and-corn-soup/