Crunchy Berry French Toast
Recipe type: Breakfast
- loaf of bread
- •4-6 eggs
- •1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- •1 tbsp vanilla
- •¼ cup sliced almonds
- •2 cups plain corn flakes
- •1 cup cubed strawberries
- •1 cup blackberries
- •1 cup blueberries
- •1 cup orange juice or orange liquor
- •¼ - ½ cup sugar
- In a bowl mix the orange juice (or liquor) the berries and sugar and let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Preheat a flat pan on the stovetop.
- Mix the corn flakes and almonds and place them on a flat plate.
- Cut the bread in thick slices.
- In another bowl mix the eggs, cinnamon and vanilla with a whisker.
- Add some butter to the heated pan and let it melt.
- Wet each slice of bread in the egg mixture letting it absorb some of it (not too much to avoid it to break)
- Place the slice over the corn flakes and almonds and press slightly so the cornflakes and almonds stick to the bread. Turn it over and repeat for the other side.
- Cook over pan for about 2-3 minutes for each side.
- Place the slices over a baking sheet and bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with the berries mixture adding some of the juice to each plate (you can sweeten it more adding maple syrup or honey)
Recipe by Ben's blog at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2007/05/19/another-brunch-recipe/