Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 Can of evaporated milk
- 1 Can of condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp of vanilla
- 1 cup of sugar for the caramel
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Melt the sugar in a non-stick pan over low heat until it turns slightly golden. Make sure it doesn't burn.
- Immediately pour into a 9 inch metal pan and swirl it around to cover the bottom and sides before it cools.
- Let the caramel cool.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the content over the caramel.
- Place the pan into a larger pan (bain marie) with ¼ to ½ cup of water and bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- After 25 to 30 minutes cover loosely with a piece of foil if the top is getting too brown.
- Insert a knife in the center of the flan too check if it is ready. The knife has to come out clean.
- Remove from the oven when cooked and let it cool.
- Then refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- To serve lay a plate on top of the pan and then carefully flip it over and slide the pan off.
Recipe by What's Cooking Mexico at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2007/05/15/flans/