Chicken and Goat Cheese Enfrijoladas
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1½ cups cooked pinto beans
- 2 small roma tomatoes
- ¼ white onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 chipotle adobado pepper
- ½ cup chicken broth if necessary
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ lb goat cheese
- 1 avocado, slice
- sour cream
- 12 tortillas
- 2-4 TBSP canola oil
- ½ chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- ¼ white onion, chopped
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- Blend together beans, tomatoes, onion, garlic, pepper and add a little bit of chicken broth if necessary.
- Pour salsa into a sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and adjust seasoning.
- Simmer for 15 minutes. Add more chicken broth if you don't want a thick sauce. Set apart.
- In an skillet with about 1 TBSP of oil sautee the chopped onion until translucent.
- Add the garlic and shredded chicken. Cook until it starts to brown.
- Pour about 3 TBSP of the bean sauce and mix very well. Add salt and pepper if necessary.
- In a different skillet warm the rest of the oil. When hot, fry the tortillas one by one and set apart.
- Place some of the chicken and goat cheese in each tortilla and set on plates.
- Pour some of the sauce on top of the tortillas.
- Garnish with sour cream and a couple of avocado slices.
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2011/07/06/chicken-and-goat-cheese-enfrijoladas/