Rajas Vegetable Skillet
Recipe type: Side Dish
- •1 poblano pepper
- •2 TBSP olive oil
- •1/4 white onion, sliced
- •2 medium size zucchinis, sliced
- •2 medium size carrots, sliced
- •1 red bell pepper, julienned
- •1/2 cup corn kernels
- •salt and pepper to taste
- Roast and clean the poblano pepper. Deseed and cut in long thin strips. Set apart.
- Heat an iron cast skillet and add the olive oil. Saute onion until translucent.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and let them cook until they start to brown. About 13 minutes.
- Mix in the strips of poblano pepper.
- Add salt if desired and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
- I served this with tortas de papa (potato fritters) and Mexican rice, a delicious meatless dinner.
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2011/07/01/rajas-vegetable-skillet/