Beef and Chorizo Meatballs with Chipotle Sauce
Recipe type: Main
- •2 lbs ground beef
- •1/2 lb chorizo
- •1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- •1/2 tsp chopped basil
- •1/2 tsp chopped rosemary
- •1 egg
- •salt and pepper to taste
- •2 large roma tomatoes
- •1/2 medium white onion
- •1 garlic clove
- •1 chipotle in adobo sauce pepper
- •2-3 cups chicken broth
- •salt to taste
- In a large bowl mix ground beef, chorizo, chopped onion, basil, rosmary and egg. Season to taste.
- Form meatballs of about 1" in diameter.
- Blend together tomatoes, white onion, garlic and chipotle pepper with 1 cup of the chicken broth. Pour into a sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Heat up 3-4 TBSP of canola oil in a frying pan. Place meatballs in the frying pan and turn them over when they start to brown. When they are brown from both sides transfer them to the chipotle sauce.
- Pour the rest of the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, season to taste and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with Mexican rice and enjoy!
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2011/05/24/beef-and-chorizo-meatballs/