Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Recipe type: Main
- •4 portobello mushrooms, washed and without the stems
- •2 TBSP olive oil
- •1/2 large onion, chopped
- •2 garlic cloves, minced
- •500 gr (1/2 lb) ground beef
- •2 bell peppers, chopped
- •250 gr (1/2 lb) tomatoes, chopped
- •1/2 cup raisins
- •chopped parsley
- •4 TBSP butter
- •1 cup mozzarella cheese (I used "Mexican Manchego" cheese), grated
- •1/8 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan sautee onions in olive oil. Add garlic and ground beef and cook until brown. Chop the stems of the mushrooms and add them to the meat.
- Add bell peppers, tomatoes, raisins and parsley. Season to taste.
- Cook for about 25 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Turn the mushrooms upside down and place 1 TBSP of butter on each one. Stuff with the meat.
- Mix cheeses in a medium bowl and top the mushrooms with it.
- Broil for about 10 minutes (if the mushrooms are small it will take less time) or until the mushrooms are tender and the cheese brown and beautiful.
- Serve over lettuce leaves and enjoy.
Recipe by What's Cooking Mexico at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2011/01/20/stuffed-portobello-mushrooms/