Baked Pears with Rompope Sauce
Recipe type: Dessert
- •3 pears, cut lengthwise and core removed
- •1/4 cup flour
- •1/4 cup oats
- •1/8 cup brown sugar
- •1/8 cup unsalted butter cubed at room temperature
- •1/4 cup chopped pecans
- •1/8 tsp cinnamon
- •1/4 cup honey
- •1/2 cup rompope
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Mix flour and brown sugar together. Rub butter into flour mixture, a little at a time until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Stir in the oats, pecans and cinnamon.
- Spoon the crumble mixture into the well left by the core in the pear halves. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes or until the crumble is browned.
- In a small sauce pan mix honey and rompope. Warm over slow heat stirring constantly until they blend.
- Serve pears warm and drizzle with the rompope/honey sauce.
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2011/01/11/baked-pears-with-rompope-sauce/