Arroz con Leche
Recipe type: Dessert
- •1 cup long grain rice
- •1 ½ cup water
- •1-2 cinnamon sticks
- •1 can condensed milk
- •1 can evaporated milk
- •1 cup regular milk
- •½ cup raisins
- •ground cinnamon
- In a medium sized pot cook rice in 1½ cups of water with cinnamon sticks over medium heat.
- When most of the water has evaporated, add condensed, evaporated and regular milk and stir gently.
- Stir constantly and keep an eye on it. Milk tends to boil over the minute you turn your back on it. I know because it happens to me every freaking time.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Take the cinnamon sticks out and stir in raisins.
- Serve with some ground cinnamon on top.
Recipe by Ben's blog at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2008/02/22/sweet-friday-arroz-con-leche/