Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: Makes 12
- **For the filling:
- •2 TBSP instant coffee
- •1 TBSP cream
- •300 gr chocolate
- **For the cookies:
- •1 cup butter at room temperature
- •2¼ cups flour
- •3/4 cup sugar
- •1 pinch of salt
- **For the drizzle:
- •1/4 cup chocolate
- In a small pan over low heat mix cream and coffee and stir constantly until it blends perfectly. Set apart.
- Melt chocolate over double boiler and when it's perfectly melted remove from fire.
- Add the cream and mix well. The chocolate will brake and form lumps. Keep mixing until it can be worked with.
- Mix butter, flour, sugar and salt at medium high speed in a standing mixer.
- Roll out the dough over a lightly floured surface. Using a 3" cookie cutter cut rounds of the dough and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes and let them cool before forming the garabatos.
- Turn half of the cookies upside down and spread about 1 TBSP of the chocolate on them using a pastry bag. Place another cookie on top and press with your fingers very lightly to seal them together.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate and drizzle over the cookies. This is what gives these cookies it's name, scribbles...
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2010/12/22/garabatos/