Meatballs in Poblano Sauce
Recipe type: Main
- •4 large poblano peppers
- •2 lbs ground beef
- •2 eggs
- •1 TBSP freshly chopped parsley
- •1 tsp oregano
- •1/4 onion, finely chopped
- •1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- •1/4 cup oatmeal (more if necessary)
- •salt and pepper to taste
- •canola oil
- •1/2 onion
- •2 garlic cloves
- •1/2 cup sour cream
- •1/2 cup evaporated milk
- •chicken broth as necessary
- •1 package of linguine
- •Parmesan cheese
- Roast and clean poblano peppers and set apart.
- In a large bowl mix ground beef with eggs, parsley, oregano, chopped onion, minced garlic, oatmeal and salt and pepper. Add more oatmeal if the mixture is too wet.
- Form 2-3" meatballs and fry in a 1/2" of canola oil in a frying pan. When the meatballs start to brown set apart.
- Blend poblano peppers, onion, garlic, sour cream and milk at high speed. Pour into a sauce pan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Season to taste and add chicken broth to make the sauce a little thinner. Reduce heat to low add meatballs to the sauce and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime cook pasta according to package directions.
- Serve meatballs over pasta, grind some parmesan cheese on top and enjoy.
Recipe by Ben's blog at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2010/12/06/meatballs-in-poblano-sauce/