Recipe type: Main
- •1 lb corn masa (here's the post with the pictures on how to make it)
- •2 guajillo peppers (found in the Latino or Mexican section of your supermarket)
- •1/4 tsp salt
- •1/2 lb goat cheese, sliced
- •1/2 cup canola oil
- •sour cream, lettuce and avocado
- Boil the guajillo peppers in ½ cup of water. Let it cool down for a little while
- Put the peppers in a blender with just one little bit of the water and the salt. Liquify the ingredients.
- Strain the liquid and add it to the corn masa. Mix very well with your hands.
- Warm up the oil in a deep skillet.
- To make the quesadillas make small balls, a little smaller than a golf ball, and press them between two circles of plastic with a tortilla press.
- Put a slice of goat cheese in one end of the pressed quesadilla and fold it in half using the bottom plastic circle.
- Carefully transfer the quesadilla to the hot oil and fry it for about 3 minutes or until it's cooked.
- Serve on a plate with sour cream, lettuce and avocado.
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2010/09/27/quesadillas-potosinas/