Recipe type: Lunch
- •1 TBSP olive oil
- •1/4 onion, chopped
- •1 garlic clove, minced
- •1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- •1 roma tomato, diced
- •1/4 cup shredded chicken breast (optional)
- •2 cups of cooked pinto beans plus some of the broth in which they were cooked*
- •diced queso fresco
- In a medium pot sautee onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add garlic and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add jalapeno and tomato and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and chicken breast and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve and top with diced queso fresco.
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2010/06/01/bean-soup-lunch/