Grilled Nopal Salsa
Recipe type: Main
- •2 nopales, cleaned
- •1/2 red onion, sliced
- •2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- •the juice of 2 limes
- •bunch of cilantro, chopped
- •salt to taste
- Grill the nopales at high temperature for about 4 minutes each side or until they are cooked. They will change color from a bright green to a brownish green.
- Carefully cut them in bite size pieces and mix them with the rest of the ingredients.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before using.
- Serve over cecina, carne asada or any other kind of taco. Remember that real tacos are made with corn tortillas.
Recipe by What's Cooking Mexico at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2010/05/25/cecina-tacos-with-nopales-salsa/