Stuffed Breakfast Peppers
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ½ lb Mexican chorizo
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 large bell peppers, tops cut off and seeded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook chorizo in a large skillet until it starts to brown.
- Add onion and garlic and mix very well. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- In a bowl whisk eggs, milk, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add chorizo to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour mixture in the bell peppers and place them in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the eggs are thoroughly cooked.
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2010/04/12/stuffed-breakfast-peppers/