Beer Chicken Pot Pie
Recipe type: Main
- •2 TBSP olive oil
- •2 garlic cloves
- •½ large onion, chopped
- •2 chicken breast, shredded
- •1 cup chicken broth
- •1 12oz beer bottle
- •1 large carrot, sliced
- •2 celery stalks, sliced
- •1 potato, cubed
- •1-2 TBSP fresh parsley, finely chopped
- •1 tsp oregano
- •salt and pepper
- •½ cup rice
- •1lb puff pastry
- •1 egg for coloring
- In a large pot sauté garlic and onion in olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add shredded chicken and let it fry for a little while 5-6 minutes.
- Add vegetables, chicken broth, beer, parsley and oregano. Stir to mix ingredients.
- Bring it to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
- Adjust seasoning and add rice.
- Cover and let it cook for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and the liquid has consumed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the meantime extend the puff pastry with a rolling pin to cover the bottom and sides of a 9x13” baking pan.
- Roll the rest of the puff pastry to make a cover for the potpie.
- When the chicken and vegetables are ready, pour them in the baking pan and cover with the rest of the puff pastry.
- Seal the sides of the pot and brush an egg over the pastry cover for coloring.
- Punch holes on the puff pastry cover with a fork to let steam out.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2008/02/06/chicken-potpie-with-a-twist/