Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cups butter, softened
- ½ cup rompope (or eggnog)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups peanut butter/chocolate chips
- ground nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Cream sugar and butter together until smooth in a different bowl. Add egg yolks, vanilla and eggnog and beat at medium speed until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the flour little by little until it's incorporated to the mixture. Fold the chips into the mixture.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough on a greased cookie tray 2" apart from each other (you know the drill).
- Sprinkle some nutmeg on top of each cookie and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack before enjoying.
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2009/12/17/eggnog-cookies/