Recipe type: Drinks
- •1 Mexican chocolate bar (I always use Abuelita brand)
- •1 liter water
- •Sugar to taste
- •4 TBSP corn flour (aka masa flour or corn tortilla flour)
- •1 cinnamon stick
- •Evaporated milk (optional)
- Bring water to boil and add cinnamon and chocolate bar. Stir constantly until chocolate dissolves.
- In a separate glass or bowl, dissolve corn flour in about 1/2 cup of water. Make sure it is a smooth mixture. Add to the chocolate.
- Add sugar to taste, bring back to a boil while stirring constantly until it thickens.
- You might add evaporated milk to give it a creamier texture. (I used about 3/4 cup
Recipe by Ben's blog at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2009/12/08/chocolate-goodies/