Apple Cake a la Normandie
Recipe type: Dessert
- •125 gr soften butter
- •30 gr confectioner's sugar
- •1 egg yolk
- •150 gr AP flour
- •50 gr whole-wheat flour
- •1 tsp ground cinnamon
- **For the filling:
- •3 apples
- •300 gr sugar
- •1 packet vanilla sugar (I used 1 tsp of a sugar/cinnamon/vanilla mixture I had from somewhere in my pantry)
- •3 eggs
- Using a mixer, cream butter and confectioner's sugar. Add the egg yolk and mix very well.
- In another bowl mix flours and ground cinnamon. Add the butter mixture and mix well to form a manageable dough.
- Grease the pie dish and cover it with the dough. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- In the meantime, peel, core and cut apples in quarters.
- Whisk together sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- Place apple in the dish and pour the egg mixture over them.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top has browned. Turn the heat off, but don't take the pie out yet. Wait until the oven cool downs a little bit. That's to avoid the pie to collapse.
Recipe by What's Cooking Mexico at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2009/11/23/apple-cake-a-la-normandie/