Pumpkin Flour Tortillas
Recipe type: Bread
Serves: Makes about 12 Tortillas
- •2 cups whole-wheat flour
- •1 tsp baking powder
- •1/2 tsp salt
- •1 cup roasted pumpkin meat
- •1/4 cup water
- In a food processor or blender mix pumpkin and water until you get a smooth puree.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Slowly mix in pumpkin puree. If the dough is too wet add more flour or water if it is too dry.
- Divide dough in 12 equal parts and shape into balls.
- Roll them on a floured surface as thin as possible and cooked in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat about 30-45 seconds each side.
Recipe by What's Cooking Mexico at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2009/11/13/pumpkin-flour-tortillas/