Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 cups French bread cut in small cubes.
- Or 6 to 8 slices of white or wheat bread without the crust.
- Or a thin layer of pastry to cover a 9" x 13" glass baking-dish
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Bell pepper (red or green) cubed
- ½ Onion
- 1 ½ cup Milk
- 6 - 8 Eggs
- 2 cups Lunchmeat (Ham, bacon or turkey, or all of them)
- Fresh parsley
- Black ground pepper
- Sautee onion in extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the bell pepper and let it soften.
- Add lunchmeat and let it cook with the vegetables
- In a bowl beat the eggs, cheese, milk, salt and ground pepper.
- When the lunchmeat is cooked add it to the ingredients in the bowl, hot ingredients to cool ingredients, and mix.
- For better results, refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Layer bread or pastry dough over greased glass baking-dish.
- Pour the content of the bowl
- Top with fresh parsley
- Cover the dish with foil and cook for about 30-35 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Recipe by Ben's blog at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2007/05/09/bens-strata/