Mission: Impossible Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
- **For the Flan
- •4 eggs
- •1 can sweet condensed milk
- •1 can evaporated milk
- •1 tbsp vanilla extract
- •4 oz. (100gr) cream cheese
- •chocolate sauce
- **For the Chocolate Cake:
- •1 cup devil’s food cake mix
- •½ cup vegetable oil
- •½ cup milk
- •1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C)
- Blend together eggs, milks, vanilla and cream cheese until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl prepare devil’s food cake mix by mixing all the ingredients together until you obtain a smooth batter.
- Pour about 2-3 TBSP of chocolate in the bottom of a baking pan. (You can use some non-stick spray in the pan)
- Pour the flan mix over the chocolate sauce.
- Pour the chocolate batter slowly and evenly over the flan mix (it will go straight to the bottom, but it will raise while baking)
- Place the pan into a larger pan with about ½ cup of water in it to bake in bain Marie or double boiler.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 1 hour. The chocolate cake will move to the top and you can check readiness with a knife or toothpick.
- Remove from oven and let it cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before inverting the cake over a cake dish. The chocolate sauce will flow over the cake.
Recipe by Ben's blog at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2008/01/17/mission-impossible-cake/