Hard-Boiled Egss with Avocado Sauce
Recipe type: Breakfast
- •2 TBSP butter or margarine
- •2 TBSP minced onion
- •1 4oz can chopped green chile (I used 2 chopped jalapenos)
- •1 TBSP flour
- •1/2 cup milk
- •8 hot hard-cooked eggs
- •2 avocados, pitted, peeled and cut into chunks
- Melt the butter in a medium pan over low to medium heat. Cook the onion in the butter until soft.
- Add the chile, flour, and milk and cook until thick.
- Peel the eggs and keep them warm in hot water.
- Whirl the avocados in blender until smooth (I used a manual food processor so my sauce was not smooth, but chunky). Stir into the hot milk sauce, season with salt and pour over the hot sliced eggs.
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2009/08/24/aprovecho/