Recipe type: Soup
- •4-5 cups pinto or black beans, cooked
- •1 onion, chopped
- •2 cloves garlic, chopped
- •8 hot dogs, cut in wedges
- •1 bell pepper, cubed
- •1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- •4 slices bacon, cut up
- •1 tsp oregano
- •½ tsp ground ancho chile or any kind of chile
- •cilantro, salt and pepper to taste
- •1 avocado
- In a large pot heat the beans until they start boiling.
- Reduce heat and let them simmer. They should be watery. Add water or chicken broth if necessary.
- In a large skillet sauté onion and garlic.
- Add hot dogs, bell pepper, jalapeno and bacon and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully add the contents of the skillet to the pot.
- Add oregano, ground chile, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 45 minutes.
- Serve with cilantro and avocado and enjoy.
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2008/01/07/northern-taste/