Cantaloupe Ginger Ice Cream
Recipe type: Dessert
- •1 medium cantaloupe
- •1/4 cup peeled and coarsely grated gingerroot (approx)
- •4 egg whites
- •1 cup heavy cream
- •1 can evaporated milk
- •1 can sweetened condensed milk
- •1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small pot warm up heavy cream with ginger. Stir constantly until it starts to boil.
- Transfer milk to a bowl and whisk in egg whites. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cut cantaloupe in half. Discard seeds and refrigerate one half to use as a serving bowl.
- Blend the other half with evaporated milk, condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour ginger milk through a sieve and whisk in the melon mix.
- Freeze ice cream following ice cream machine instructions.
- Serve ice cream in the half cantaloupe you saved. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and enjoy!
Recipe by Ben's blog at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2009/08/07/cantaloupe-ginger-ice-cream/