Tres Leches Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Recipe type: Dessert
- •1 can sweetened condensed milk
- •1 can evaporated milk
- •1 cup milk
- •1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- •3 eggs
- •1 TBSP vanilla extract
- In a medium pot combine the milks and peanut butter. Turn heat to medium until the mixture warms and the peanut butter melts together with the milk.
- In a bowl whisk eggs slightly. Slowly whisk in the warm milk.
- Return milk to the pot and add vanilla extract.
- Heat up the mixture over low heat. Keep stirring with a heat-proof spatula scraping the bottom of the pot.
- When the mixture thickens enough to coat the spatula (around 140°F) turn off the heat and let mixture cool in the fridge for about 4 hours.
- Follow ice cream machine directions to finish making ice cream.
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2009/07/27/tres-leches-peanut-butter-ice-cream/