Recipe type: Appetiser
- •Bolillos cut in half lengthwise, you can also use baguettes, Italian bread or even biscuits.
- •Canned refried beans.
- •Melting cheese.
- •Cooked chorizo or ham, turkey breast thin slices or any other cooked meat or veggies (leftovers work perfectly)
- •Salsa, pico de gallo or guacamole.
- Warm up oven to 300° F (150° C)
- Spread refried beans over the bread. Top with cheese and meat.
- Bake on cookie sheet for 10 minutes or until it starts to turn light brown.
- Serve with salsa and enjoy.
Recipe by What's Cooking Mexico at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2008/01/03/mexican-comfort-food/