Blackberry Flan Ice Cream
Recipe type: Dessert
- •3 cups blackberries
- •1 can evaporated milk
- •4-6 0z. cream cheese (optional)
- •1 can sweetened condensed milk
- •16 0z. heavy cream
- •4 eggs
- •1 tsp vanilla extract
- •juice of one lemon
- •mint leaves for garnish
- Blend together blackberries, evaporated milk and cream cheese.
- In a medium pot warm together condensed milk and heavy cream.
- In a bowl whisk eggs slightly. Slowly whisk in the warm milk.
- Return milk to the pot and add the blackberry milk, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Heat up the mixture over low heat. Keep stirring with a heat-proof spatula scraping the bottom of the pot.
- When the mixture thickens enough to coat the spatula (around 140°F) turn off the heat and let mixture cool in the fridge no more than 4 hours to keep the berry flavor fresh.
- Follow ice cream machine directions to finish making ice cream.
Recipe by Ben's blog at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2009/07/18/blackberry-flan-ice-cream/