Joust Rice Cakes
Recipe type: Appetiser
- ••2 cups of Mexican rice (I added 1 chipotle adobado pepper to give it some spiciness)
- ••1 cup of cooked pinto beans
- ••4 large eggs
- ••1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- ••1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- ••spices (oregano, cumin, basil, fresh parsley)
- ••salt and pepper
- ••12 slices of turkey bacon
- •Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- •Align 1 cupcake tray (in my case 2 of these disposable ones. Can you tell I don't make cupcakes or muffins very often?) and spray it with non-stick oil.
- •Place a bacon strip making a circle inside each cup.
- •In a large bowl mix the rest of the ingredients very well.
- •Carefully scoop some of the rice and bean mixture into each cup.
- •Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with avocado slices and enjoy.
Recipe by Ben's blog at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2009/05/22/joust-rice-cakes/