Mango and Honey Flan
Recipe type: Dessert
- •1 14oz can condensed milk
- •1 16oz can evaporated milk
- •1 large mango (click here for a post on how to cut a mango)
- •4 oz cream cheese
- •1 TBSP vanilla extract
- •4 eggs
- •1/2 cup honey
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Slightly heat a 10" round baking pan and pour honey. Swirl the pan to cover sides and bottom with the honey.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients together and pour into the pan.
- Pour about 1" of water into a larger pan, 11 or 12", and put the smaller one into it (bain marie). Cover with foil aluminum paper.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Put the baking pan on a wire rack and let it cool for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before unmolding.
- To unmold, put a plate on top of the pan facing down and flip the pan over and slide it off.
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2009/03/31/mango-and-honey-flan/