Tortas de Papa
Recipe type: Appetiser
- •1 lb potatoes
- •½ cup queso añejo or queso fresco grated
- •2 eggs
- •¼ cup flour
- •vegetable oil
- •spices (I used oregano, parsley and cumin)
- •salt and pepper
- Peel potatoes, cut in cubes and boil them in water until soft.
- Drain and mash them lightly. Let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Add cheese, eggs, flour and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mashed until all the ingredients are mixed and you have a manageable paste.
- In a large skillet heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil. It will be hot enough when you drop into it a little bit of the mixture and it bubbles.
- With a tablespoon take some of the mixture and carefully drop it in the oil. With the same spoon flatten it to form a round, flat cake.
- Let it fry for about 5 minutes or until it turns light brown and flip it over. Let the other side cook the same way.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel that’ll absorb the extra oil.
- Serve as a side dish.
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2007/12/06/tortas-de-papa/