Recipe type: Sauces
- •1 cup refried beans
- •½ cup cream
- •1 16oz can tomatoes
- •½ onion
- •2 garlic cloves
- •1 chipotle adobado pepper
- •2 tbsp vegetable oil
- •salt to taste
- In a blender liquefy tomatoes, onion, garlic cloves and pepper. It would taste way better if you had a molcajete.
- In a saucepan heat vegetable oil until it thins.
- Mix the sauce, refried beans and let it cook for about 10 minutes stirring constantly.
- Turn the heat to low and add cream and stir. Add salt if needed.
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes or until the cream dissolves into the sauce.
- Serve over tortilla chips for chilaquiles or use it to make enchiladas.
- You can use more chipotle peppers for more spiciness and add water or chicken broth to make it thinner.
Recipe by What's Cooking Mexico at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2007/11/28/and-speaking-of-bean-sauces/