Recipe type: Main
- 1.1 Abuelita chocolate bar (found in the Latino food section of your grocery store, if they don’t have one, change stores)
- 2.2 cups milk
- 3.1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4.½ tbsp ground ginger
- 5.½ tbsp cinnamon
- 6.½ tbsp ground clove
- 7.2 tbsp Tupperware South Chipotle mix (you can use chipotle adobado powder)
- 8.1 tbsp ground paprika
- 9.salt to taste
- 10.1 large chicken breast, grilled and cut in strips
- 11.4 cups Mexican rice
- •In a large pot heat milk until it starts to boil. Don’t walk away, milk tends to boil over the moment your attention is somewhere else.
- •Add pumpkin puree and chocolate bar and stir constantly until it dissolves.
- •Add the rest of the ingredients (except chicken and rice) and stir constantly.
- •Reduce heat to low, cover and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- •Serve over rice and grilled chicken and enjoy the delicious spicy/sweet taste of this weird yet delicious mole attempt.
Recipe by Ben's blog at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2007/11/21/pumpkin-mole-what-would-my-mom-think-about-that/