Broccoli and Tomato Au Gratin
Recipe type: Side Dish
- •1 lb broccoli pre-cut into bite-size pieces, florets and stem
- •1 16 oz can crushed or diced tomatoes
- •½ onion sliced
- •1 cup your favorite melting cheese
- •3 tbsp olive oil
- •1-2 tbsp garlic powder
- •salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Sauté onion and broccoli lightly in a large skillet.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour veggies and tomatoes in a baking dish.
- Top with cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish or healthy snack.
Recipe by What's Cooking, Mexico? at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2007/11/12/broccoli-is-back-with-a-vengeance/