Orange and Chocolate Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: Makes 12 Cookies
- •1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- •1/2 cup sugar
- •1/2 tsp orange extract
- •zest of one orange
- •1 egg
- •1 1/4 cups flour
- •1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- •1/2 tsp salt
- •1 tsp vanilla extract
- •1/2 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate
- Cream butter and sugar until you get a smooth yellowish mix. Add orange extract, zest and egg. Beat a little longer.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the butter mixture.
- Add vanilla extract and beat until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Form 1" balls with the dough and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the bottoms start to turn golden brown.
- While the cookies cool down, melt chocolate by placing it in a bowl over boiling water. Cover cookies with chocolate and let it harden before eating.
Recipe by Ben's blog at http://whatscookingmexico.com/2008/12/04/orange-and-chocolate-cookies/