Last week I wrote that avocados are a super food. However, they are not only good for you. They are also delicious. For the next few weeks I will be posting avocado recipes on this blog so you can enjoy this yummy fruit in many different ways. The first recipe I want to share is a classic in Mexico. My mom used to make often. It is an avocado salad that incorporates tuna.
It was a quick and easy dish that was on the menu at my parents’ restaurant during Lent; or any other time that a customer wanted a healthy option for lunch. I have made some twitches to my mom’s recipe and I have come out with an avocado salad that I really like. I hope you enjoy this healthy salad.
Related: Healthy Avocado and Chipotle Tapas
- 2 avocados
- 1 295 grams tuna can
- 1 TBSP mayonnaise
- 1 small serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- parsley, chopped
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Wash avocados. Cut them and dice them and reserve the shells.
- Mix all the ingredients together (except tomato) in a large bowl.
- Serve in he empty shells.
- Top with a tomato slice and enjoy!