I love to stuff portobello mushrooms. Their shape and size are perfect for that and it’s just so much fun. Grab a portobello, clean it up, season it, stuff it and cook it. How easy is that? My favorite produce vendor at my local market had some beautiful portobellos the other day and I couldn’t resist getting a package of six. I made two into soup, two more I stuffed with ground beef but I didn’t know what to do with the last two. So yesterday morning I decided to experiment something new and this delicious and easy to make breakfast came up.
- 2 portobello mushrooms, stems cut
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- fresh dill, rosemary and basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle olive oil on portobellos and season.
- Place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the herbs on top.
- Crack open the eggs and carefully put one inside each mushroom
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 300° F (150 C)