- What's Cooking, Mexico? - http://whatscookingmexico.com -
Leek and Potato Soup
Posted By Ben On January 19, 2011 @ 9:04 am In Soups and Salads | 11 Comments
Leek and potato cream
Makes about 6 servings
- 500 gr (1lb) potatoes, peeled and cut in small cubes
- 1 leek, chopped (white and pale green parts only)
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- chicken broth as necessary
- 2 cups sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, clean and julienned
- In a large pot fry onion, potatoes and leek until the potatoes are tender. Add the garlic just a minute or two before blending.
- Blend ingredients with a little bit of chicken broth and sour cream in batches if necessary. Return to pot.
- Add chicken broth to make the soup as thin as you like. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Season to taste.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes. Serve and place red bell pepper on top.
With this soup I’m participating in this month’s blog hop which theme is Your Favorite Soup Recipes. Learn more about how to participate in this event here.
Article printed from What's Cooking, Mexico?: http://whatscookingmexico.com
URL to article: http://whatscookingmexico.com/2011/01/19/leek-and-potato-soup/
Copyright © 2008 What's cooking?. All rights reserved.