This blog has been online since April of 2007 and even though every end of the year I see my food friends post reviews of how their blogs did that year, I’ve never done it myself. So I decided to do it this year for the first time. I took a look at my Google Analytics account and was surprised to see that from January 1st to December 15th the most visited pages weren’t posts from this year, but earlier posts. Since this is the first end-of-the-year review of What’s cooking, I think it’s fitting to post them. Without more ado, here they are, the top 10 most visited posts in 2010:
10. Rosca de reyes. One of my favorite baked goods, and we are just in time to start making them for January 6th.
9. Mojo de ajo shrimp. Simple, delicious and festive. Also a good dish for your New Year’s party.
8. Pinapple and pumpkin empanaas. Another great idea for entertaining.
7. Pork enchiladaas with creamy poblano sauce. I think the title says it all.
6. Food photography lighting. It was a very informative post.
5. Impossible cake or chocoflan. So good!
4. Arroz con leche. Another sweet post, do you see a trend here?
3. A delicious pear sauce. One of the dishes that I used to make very often. I have an idea for tonight’s dinner.
2. Stuffed creamy Portobello mushroom. Now, that was a big and delicious lunch!
And now the number one post on What’s Cooking Mexico of 2010, a classic and a dish that a lot of people love and want to know how to prepare. Ladies and gentlemen:
1. Perfect Mexican rice. I’m really not surprised about this. At some point this entry got more than a thousand visitors in a single day. So I guess it is just fair that a Mexican classic is so popular on a Mexican food blog.
Writing this post brought me a lot of delicious memories back as well as some great memories from my life and family in Ohio. I guess it is good to remember the positive things that the year brought me and look forward to building new memories with my other part of the family and new friends. How was your year and what are you expecting from the new one? I hope it is filled with prosperity, happiness and mainly great food and people.
Happy New Year and Buen Provecho!
(12) Readers Comments
October 02, 2013
January 08, 2013
October 09, 2012
June 27, 2012
June 25, 2012
June 13, 2012
May 07, 2009
June 02, 2010
August 04, 2009
January 31, 2011